INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Greater Shepparton City Council, situated in the heart of the Goulburn Valley, is the fourth largest provincial centre in Victoria and has a well-developed economy due to its strong agricultural and irrigation base, with major industries related to food processing, manufacturing and transport. The Goulburn Valley is often referred to as 'The Food Bowl of Australia' as around 25% of the total value of Victoria's agricultural production is generated in this area.
Greater Shepparton has a population of approximately 65,000, and an expenditure budget in excess of $118 million. The population is culturally diverse with 9.9% of residents being born overseas. The area has excellent education, recreation, cultural, social and health facilities and tourism is a developing focus for the region.
Building Surveyor Limited
Closing: Friday 14 August 2020
Full Time - Permanent
Greater Shepparton City Council is looking for a highly motivated, organised and passionate individual to join the Building and Planning Department in the position of Building Surveyor - Limited.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, professional and organised Building Surveyor to join our Building Services Team. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range and variety of building projects relative to this position within a fast paced and supporting environment.
This role is responsible for:
· The administration of the Building Act, Regulations and Council Policies. Ensuring that all development works comply with the standard and policies of the Council.
· Representing Council at Appeals and other building forum meetings when required and public consultation as necessary.
· Develop and maintain a positive image of Council. Ensure the provision of all services has a focus on customer service and industry best practice.
· Undertake building inspections to ensure compliance with the Building Act, Building Regulations, Building Code of Australia and relevant Australian Standards.
· Undertake inspections of Essential Safety Measures in existing buildings, swimming pool safety barriers and illegal building works.
· Providing advice to the public on Council policies, the Building Regulations and relevant legislation relating to buildings and help to develop and promote a helpful and responsible public image.
Have the ability to provide advice on highly technical matters in a clear, concise and user-friendly manner.
· In conjunction with the Building and Planning Support and Compliance Team, assist with the preparation Building Notices, Orders and follow through with enforcement procedures pursuant to the Building Act and Regulations within the allocated time frames.
· Issue building permits to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations and relevant Codes.
The successful applicant will have relevant the qualifications and current VBA registration as a Building Practitioner (Limited Building Surveyor), with experience in a wide range of building issues and knowledge of current standards and practices.
For more information on these positions, please contact Mark Dudley, Municipal Building Surveyor on (03) 5832 9730.
Note: This position is subject to a 6 month qualifying period in accordance with the Fair Work Australia minimum employment period. During the qualifying period employees will be provided with appropriate on-going induction, support, assistance, resources and training to enable them to meet the required performance standards for the position.
Please note that applications which do not specifically address the Key Selection Criteria detailed in the position description will not be considered.
For procedures on how to apply go to http://www.greatershepparton.com.au/download.asp?RelatedLinkID=6867
All applications must be submitted to the Council by the closing date shown on the advertisement.