INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Greater Shepparton City Council, situated in the heart of the Goulburn Valley, is the fourth largest provincial centre in Victoria and has a well-developed economy due to its strong agricultural and irrigation base, with major industries related to food processing, manufacturing and transport. The Goulburn Valley is often referred to as 'The Food Bowl of Australia' as around 25% of the total value of Victoria's agricultural production is generated in this area.
Greater Shepparton has a population of approximately 65,000, and an expenditure budget in excess of $118 million. The population is culturally diverse with 9.9% of residents being born overseas. The area has excellent education, recreation, cultural, social and health facilities and tourism is a developing focus for the region.
Principal Strategic Planner
Salary: $88,410.40 per annum
Closing: Friday 24 January 2020
Full Time - Permanent
Greater Shepparton City Council is recruiting for a full time, permanent Principal Strategic Planner working within the Building and Planning Department.
The Principal Strategic Planner is responsible for:
- project managing the development and the delivery of a variety of complex strategic transport and land use planning projects. These include precinct structure plans, development contributions plans, strategic transport projects, etc.
- preparing and implementing planning scheme amendments in accordance with relevant legislation;
- maintaining the provision of an efficient and effective Planning Scheme by implementing adopted Council policies including the Greater Shepparton Council Plan 2017-2021, the Greater Shepparton 2030 Strategy 2006, etc.; and
- providing high quality planning advice to all stakeholders.
To be successful in this role the applicant will possess the following:
- tertiary town planning qualification or a related area and a thorough understanding of the Victorian planning system and minimum of five years’ experience in a strategic planning role;
- demonstrated experience in the project management, development and implementation of strategic transport and land use planning related strategies, plans, studies, guidelines and policies in accordance with sound project management principles, including responsibility for delivering projects within agreed quality standards, timelines and budgets;
- demonstrated ability to provide high level specialist strategic transport and land use planning advice to a range of stakeholders, including in an advocacy role, to enable the delivery of effective strategic planning outcomes for Council;
- highly developed communication, facilitation and community engagement skills, including report writing and public presentation; and
- demonstrated knowledge of planning and related legislation, the Victorian Planning system, relevant government policies and strategies, the Victoria Planning Provisions, and planning theory and techniques.
For more information contact Michael MacDonagh, Team Leader - Strategic Planning on 03 5832 9730.
Note: This position is subject to a 6 month qualifying period in accordance with the Fair Work Australia minimum employment period. During the qualifying period employees will be provided with appropriate on-going induction, support, assistance, resources and training to enable them to meet the required performance standards for the position.
Please note that applications which do not specifically address the Key Selection Criteria detailed in the position description will not be considered.
For procedures on how to apply go to http://www.greatershepparton.com.au/download.asp?RelatedLinkID=6867
All applications must be submitted to the Council by the closing date shown on the advertisement.