INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Greater Shepparton City Council, situated in the heart of the Goulburn Valley, is the fourth largest provincial centre in Victoria and has a well-developed economy due to its strong agricultural and irrigation base, with major industries related to food processing, manufacturing and transport. The Goulburn Valley is often referred to as 'The Food Bowl of Australia' as around 25% of the total value of Victoria's agricultural production is generated in this area.
Greater Shepparton has a population of approximately 65,000, and an expenditure budget in excess of $118 million. The population is culturally diverse with 9.9% of residents being born overseas. The area has excellent education, recreation, cultural, social and health facilities and tourism is a developing focus for the region.
Assurance and Continuity Officer
Salary: $67,741.44 per annum
Closing: Friday 24 January 2020
Full time - Permanent
Applications are invited from highly motivated and professional persons to work within Council’s Risk and Assurance team.
The purpose of this position is to:
· Provide assurance to key stakeholders that appropriate controls are in place to mitigate key risks and that they are operating effectively; and
· Protect Council assets and staff by reducing the risk of fraud and corruption to a minimal level.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
· Tertiary qualifications or be currently studying Insurance, Business or Risk Management and/or have relevant experience in claims management, audit or business continuity planning.
· Experience in providing audit services, including testing compliance with policies and procedures; evaluating the effectiveness of controls; and interpreting results to offer suggestions for improvement.
· Demonstrated ability to facilitate maintenance and testing of business continuity plans.
· Knowledge of good practice regarding fraud management.
· Good understanding of claims management processes including the ability to identify and report on trends with well-developed communication, report writing and time management skills.
For more information please contact Jodie Sessions, Team Leader – Risk and Assurance on (03) 5832 5264.
Note: This position is subject to a 6 month qualifying period in accordance with the Fair Work Australia minimum employment period. During the qualifying period employees will be provided with appropriate on-going induction, support, assistance, resources and training to enable them to meet the required performance standards for the position.
Please note that applications which do not specifically address the Key Selection Criteria detailed in the position description will not be considered.
For procedures on how to apply go to http://www.greatershepparton.com.au/download.asp?RelatedLinkID=6867
All applications must be submitted to the Council by the closing date shown on the advertisement.